Human beings always love to progress; may it be personal life or professional life and in this era of competition, it is a common tendency to remain confused with a lot of questions in their mind. Success is the key mantra but are you satisfied with the job you do? Below are few questions that one should ask themselves when it comes to job satisfaction.
- Am I really satisfied with the job am currently doing?
- Do I literally love what I am doing?
- Would I love doing the same work if it was my last working day of life?
Just give it a thought, when people enjoying their job, it does not feel like the dreaded 9 to 5, it does not feel like WORK!
TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday!) is what you commonly get to hear from people. Have you heard anyone saying “Thank God It’s Monday!”? It’s an indication that you are not so passionate about your job. Rather, you find people usually enjoying their weekends as they work on those activities which they are really passionate about and that is the reason people come with the fresh mind to the office on Monday. People are satisfied with what they did on the weekend. In fact, many a time, one’s passion and their work for which they are paid, are not the same. If people look forward to their Monday’s then they really love their job.
Should you work just to pay your bills, just to survive or just to make a living?
It’s agreeable that the fundamental need is to SURVIVE but not worthy if you are not satisfied with the job. Also, one shouldn’t forget that he/she can achieve anything if they are focused, have the right mindset, right attitude, and strong determination. Jeff Olson’s “THE SLIGHT EDGE” helps you turn your simple everyday decisions into great and massive success.
Imagine a person who is passionate about traveling and exploring new places but all that he or she is doing, is just working hours together in a closed cabin or a cubicle or even worse? Do you think he is satisfied with the job he is doing?
If you can relate yourself then take immediate measures; Live the life of your dream. Take risks. Parents expect and wish for a good education for their kids. But what is the guarantee that the same education would fetch them the job they desire and they are actually passionate about? It’s time to discover your true passion folks!
As Confucius said,
“Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
If you think that you are not satisfied with the job you are currently having then have a second thought without wasting any time. Below
5 activity that will help you kick start your search for a satisfactory job if you are not satisfied with the job you are doing:
- Take a note pad and a pen.
- Quickly list out all the talents you are good at. (Not just play time, but even w.r.t work and whatever you are; may it be anywhere say workplace, home, society, friends circle or anything else).
- List out your dreams.
- Consider all the scenarios; Can I afford to do this? What is the risk involved, how much time would I need to learn the skills needed etc?
- Prioritize the list as per your level of interest.
- Now that you have listed all you love to do, against every line ask the following questions to yourself and pen down the answers.
- DOING THIS – gets me excited so much that I can talk about it all day long?
- DOING THIS – makes me excited to get up in the morning?
- DOING THIS – I would be willing to do it for FREE?
- DOING THIS – can make me lose all sense of time?
- DOING THIS – gives me extra energy?
- DOING THIS – makes me smile?
Answer them in this manner, replacing the word “DOING THIS”. For e.g. “Writing articles is so much fun”, I would be willing to do it even for FREE.
REMEMBER! Your life gets better not by a CHANCE but by a CHANGE!