Work – An important aspect of life through which we make our living. We work so that we can achieve success which in turn help us to achieve all our goals/dreams in life but not all are happy spending day at the office.
As the saying goes, people go to office to build others dreams and get paid to forget their own dreams. Irrespective of that, one should effectively plan a day at the office to finish with good spirit.
At office, all employees should follow work-ethics with an aim to obtain maximum productivity which would improve self as well as organisation’s productivity and performance. The below mentioned pointers will not only help you spend your day effectively, but also help you manage your personal work as you would be stress free and complete your work on time with positive approach.
Also read: How to set SMART goals
Simple yet most effective steps need for a productive day at the office:
Everyone will need to have a plan; may it be a trip, perform a play, cooking or even a day at the office. Indeed, there is a need for a legitimate and effective plan for a day prior to starting your day at work. This includes the following:
- Listing out the activities, prioritizing the tasks and completing them accordingly.
- Make an appropriate checklist so that you can tick once the task has been accomplished, as most of the successful people do make a checklist.
- Set priorities; such that most important task needs to be completed first and then the other.
- One can apply 80/20 rule; i.e. if you have 10 tasks and 2 are of high priority, complete the high priority first and then work on other tasks.
After successful planning there is a need to organize and execute the task in the proper sequence.
- Every task needs to be completed within the time assigned, the time management is very essential to maximize the productivity.
- 50% of the productivity increases if all the tasks are completed within appropriate time.
- TIME – Manage your time not only with tasks but all other daily activities. (E.g. Either you wake up at 6:00 AM or 8:30 AM you will never finish your morning routine unless its 9:30).
- Try to complete most of the task in the first half of the day itself because that is where maximum productivity can be obtained as morning’s are always pleasant due to pleasant mind UNLIKE normal trends where people just waste time till noon and start working post-lunch which kills 30% of their productivity.
- Once the planning and organizing has been done, next step is to take actions as per the checklist and thus complete the task accordingly. Here, you need to be very focused on your work to achieve the desired results.
“You don’t actually do a project; you can only do action steps related to it. When enough of the right action steps have been taken, some situation will have been created that matches your initial picture of the outcome closely enough that you can call it DONE.”
― David Allen
Finally, ensure that every day you are more productive than the previous; so that you can achieve the benefits from the employer in terms of compensation, promotions and other achievements.
Moreover, if the day at work is good, the whole day will be good.
GOOD LUCK 🙂
- Do you really deserve promotion / hike
- 10 awesome insights about Procrastination at work
- Lack of sleep will result in killing your Productivity at Work
- Change your field if your current job does not give job satisfaction
- You want to be an Engineer? Read the pointers at your own risk before taking up Engineering!