Explanation / Important formulas:
The terms or elements follow a definite law in series but it cannot be generalized. You should know, what is the definite relationship between numbers which make the set of given terms in series. Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, transposition of terms and series generally form such series. The different questions asked may depend upon the following:
Odd number/Even number/Prime numbers
- The series may consist of odd numbers/even numbers or prime numbers except one number, which will be the odd man out. Hence, before solving numerical on this topic must revise all basic concepts.
- Squares: 9, 16, 49, 81 ….
- Cubes: 27, 64, 125, 216 ….
Multiple of numbers:
- The series contains numbers which are multiple of different numbers.
Example: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20…..
Numbers in A.P./G.P.
- Geometric progression: x, xr, xr3, xr4
- Arithmetic progression: x, x + y, x + 2y, x + 3y are said to be in A.P.
- The terms in series may be arithmetic or geometric progression.
Difference or sum of numbers:
- The difference between two consecutive numbers may increase or decrease
- In this type, the third number is the addition of previous two numbers.
Example: 2, 4, 6, 10, 16, 26 ……
- In this type, the terms are defined on the basis of powers of numbers; the number may be expressed in the form of n3 – n.
Example: If n = 4, n3 – n = 60 / If n = 5, n3 – n = 120…
Series: 60, 120, 210, 336 …
- The series of numbers may follow different sequence as shown below:
(n2 – 1), (n2 + 1), (n2 – n), (n3 – n), (n2 – n + 1), (n2 – n – 1), etc
Instructions to take Aptitude Test
- Click on start to start taking the test.
- Click on the option (A, B, C or D) to figure out the right answer.
- You can answer multiple times till you get the right answer.
- Once you get the right answer, explanations (if any) for the same will be showcased down.
- On click of list, you get to see total no of questions, no of questions you answered and no of questions pending to answer.
- On click of question number you will go to that particular question.
- On click of END your test will end.
- On click of ‘Get Results’ you will get to see correct answer for each questions.
Number Series ( Odd Man out) - Test
Number Series (Odd Man Out) - Question and Answers
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%