Salesforce is a CRM (Customer Relation Management) tool used by many companies to provide services to their customer. A lot of modules related to Sales, Service, Marketing, Commerce, and almost every aspects of an ERP is covered in this.
Salesforce is predominantly written on JAVA, however, the developers code using APEX coding language for any implementation in salesforce. Not majority of the people opt for Salesforce compared to JAVA or Python but an experienced candidate is very high in demand. To master salesforce, we can get started with below topics:
To learn or master salesforce technology, one must concentrate on below items:
- Object Relationships and Roll up summary field: Learn about data structure with objects, fields, and relationships.
- Salesforce Lightning: Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic.
- Salesforce Security: Control access to data using point-and-click security tools.
- Apex Triggers: Perform custom database actions using Apex triggers
- Visual force: Build custom user interfaces for mobile and web apps using Visualforce
- Apex: Apex is a programming language that uses Java-like syntax and acts like database stored procedures. Apex enables developers to add business logic to system events, such as button clicks, updates of related records, and Visualforce pages.
- Integration: Integrate with external apps using Apex REST and SOAP services.
- Workflow, Process Builder, Approval Process: Salesforce provides multiple tools to automate organization’s repetitive business processes: Approvals, Process Builder, Workflow, and Flow Builder.
- Reports and Dashboards: Create reports and Dashboards in salesforce Lightning.
- Data Loader and Import Wizard: Learn how to import and export data in Salesforce.
- Test Class: Write robust code by executing Apex unit tests.
- S-control: To add our own customized functionality to your Salesforce application
- Manage Packages and Unmanaged packages: Learn about packages in salesforce
- Organizations: Environments and organizations means the same. The environment could be development, test and production environment.
Also read: Blogs for IT Employee
Recommended Materials/Links for mastering Salesforce:
- To get started on any modules mentioned above, access study materials for freshers.
- Get your very own Developer Edition of Salesforce.
- Visual Studio Code is the go-to code editor for Salesforce developers
For all the FAQ and queries related to development/technical activities refer the following links shared:
Certifications are definitely a plus. Below are few of Salesforce Developer Certifications offerings:
- Platform App Builder
- Platform Developer I
- Platform Developer II
- B2C Commerce Developer
- Marketing Cloud Developer
Also read: Latest IT job openings
Additional Topics (good to know) in Salesforce:
- Community Cloud
- Sales Cloud
- Service Cloud
- Marketing Cloud
- Health Cloud