Opportunities for Engineer / Senior Engineer / Specialist – Systems Job openings at Sungard Availability Services, Bangalore /Pune. Check below for High-level job description.
Key information for Systems Job openings at Sungard Availability Services, Bangalore/Pune
- Skills: UNIX, Solaris, AIX
- Experience: 3 – 12 years
- Mode Of Hire: Permanent
- Location: Bangalore/Pune
- Salary: Not disclosed
- Drive: 22nd December 2018 (Saturday)
- Location: Electronic city Phase 1 (Bangalore)/ Kharadi MIDC Knowledge Park (Pune)
- Job code: Engineer / Senior Engineer / Specialist – Systems Job openings at Sungard Availability Services, Bangalore / Pune
- Test Support and Troubleshooting for Managed Recovery Program.
- MRP Test execution / manage DR execution
- Direct customer interaction
- scripts used to recover their operating system, applications and data.
- Taking escalations from Technical Specialists, Engineers and/or contractors – following basic troubleshooting steps to take issue from problem determination to resolution, including best practices for future testing.
- Engaging customer and/or vendors and/or peers to assist in troubleshooting when needed.
- Perform quality control checks on Technical Specialists, Engineers and/or contractors.
- Validate that documentation/reporting per host, application and script are accurate and reflect the related technical ownership per shift.
- Unix position we are looking for Multi -skilled people at least 2 Unix skills (Solaris + Linux OR Linux + AIX OR good to have Storage skills and Backup skills)
- Experience on Solaris 9, Solaris 10, Solaris 11
- Build and support of all the Solaris servers Zones, ZFS, VCS, VXVM, LDOMS, Flar.
- OS Installation, Kernel patch, Troubleshooting.
- Nice to have Disaster Recovery experience
- IBM AIX 6.1/7.1 Server build, Installation and system administration activities
- IBM AIX LVM management
- TCPIP, Networking in IBM AIX
- NIM Administration and configuration
- OS recovery using NIM
- IBM Virtualizations concepts like Dual VIO, NPIV, SEA etc
- In-depth knowledge on different recovery strategies in AIX.
- User management
- Power HA 6.1 /7.1
- System/ device management, diagnose, troubleshoot etc
- Disaster Recovery planning and conducting DR tests.
Preferred Requirements :
Any backup technology (Net Backup Commvault TSM, Networker) Disaster Recovery experience.
About The Company:
Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) is an industry-recognized leader in delivering resilient and recoverable production environments for global enterprises through managed IT, cloud and recovery services. Our diverse, global team of “Sungardians” are passionate about applying their insight and deep expertise in production and recovery to Lead with Resilience. We work to understand our customers’ business goals, tailor services that align with their desired business outcomes, and deliver the right environments for managing their critical IT systems. Every Sungard AS employee makes a meaningful contribution to delivering on our mission to transform It for resilient business. We want to add outstanding talent to our team. If you want to become an integral part of a collaborative organizational that offers industry-leading benefits and a commitment to employee advancement, we’d be excited to speak with you!
How to apply?
- For more information upload your resume in the below section with proper job code, subject, and details.
- Other openings can be checked in Job Vacancies
- Note: Only shortlisted candidates will get a call for interview.