VMware Recruitment 2019 for Technical Support Engineer at Bangalore. Check below for High-level job description
- Education: B.E / B.Tech
- Experience: 1-3 years
- Skills: Linux, Windows, Unix
- Location: Bangalore
- Last date to apply: ASAP
- Job Code: VMware Technical Support Engineer Job Opening
• Resolve customer’s issues via the telephone, email or WebEx session
• Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
• Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
• Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
• Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learning’s for reuse throughout the organization.
• Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies.
• Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings,
• Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
Required Skills and Experience
• Ability to learn and follow defined support and root-cause analysis processes.
• Increasing ability to solve practical problems without assistance and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information may initially exist.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, hands-on, or diagram form.
• Knowledge of management contacts in the system for technical assistance
• Database concepts, networking and storage concepts/ terminology; FTP client usage, knowledge on Microsoft products. Positive and constructive attitude.
• Comfortable facing new challenges and technologies. Excellent communication (oral & written) skills.
• Needs to seek assistance less
• Demonstrated interest in expending your know ledge on VMware product
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations.
• Work experience in a Technical domain. Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing will be preferred.
• Good level of technical understanding of more than one of the following technologies:
• Windows Clustering/DHCP/DNS
• Windows 2003/2008
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
• Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
• Logical approach to problem solving.
• Multiplatform Operating Systems Knowledge (Windows, Linux, UNIX) would be an added advantage
• Work experience of 1-3 yrs. in Technical domain
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience in providing voice based Technical Support is a key requirement
• Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing will be preferred
• VDI Certification will be an added advantage
About The Company:
How to apply?
- To get referred and more information, upload your updated resume in the below section with proper job code, subject, and details.
- Other openings can be checked in Job Vacancies
- Note: Only shortlisted candidates will get a call for interview.
For Job Notifications in Whatsapp, join the below groups:
- WhatsApp Freshers: https://chat.whatsapp.com/CLz8VCzP2S05QnZdCnpVvX
- All/Experienced: https://chat.whatsapp.com/Do1XHCk74Sk483Q9SbyMTZ
- Aptitude: https://chat.whatsapp.com/EyNSU4MNQalCJam1MAJGo0