Groupon is hiring Software Development Engineer in Test III. Look for below job description for more information
Mode of Hire: Permanent
Responsibilities And Essential Duties
- Consult with feature teams (Development and On-shore Performance test engineers) to proactively analyze system performance and obtain information on limitations / capabilities, performance requirements, hardware & software interfaces to develop specifications and resolve technical issues related to performance.
- Conduct system performance and stress testing, work with stakeholders determining the volume to be used during the performance test.
- Analyze the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, thread usage, Garbage collection, and DB connection to verify the performance of the Application.
- Should be capable to utilize performance/monitoring tools, analyzing results, resolving performance related issues to include optimization and tuning recommendations.
- Along with On-shore Test Engineers, conduct Architectural & Technical reviews during software development life cycle and provide suggestions for performance improvements.
- Plan and manage deliverables for: performance diagnostics, capacity planning, performance architecture design, performance tuning, and performance monitoring.
- Work closely with development team/On-shore team on the design and implementation of enhancements based on the tuning recommendations.
- Distill volumes of data, analyzes performance results, diagnoses performance problems, suggest improvements, and clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders.
- Experience with monitoring tool such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of performance testing experience
- Experience with using and setting up performance testing tools such as Grinder, Gatling, LoadRunner, Jmeter, etc.
- Experience in developing large-scale test automation frameworks.
- Experience with using protocols such as HTTP/HTML and Web Services.
- An ability to work in a fast, agile and nimble environment with frequent change
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must have a deep understanding of large-scale systems, client/server architectures, and application architectures.
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks, architectural risks, and issues
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience in Cloud Computing and Cloud Management
- Scripting experience using one or more of the following: Python,JScript, Perl
- Expert ability to analyze and interpret technical data
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related degree or equivalent work experience.
Job Code: Software Development Engineer in Test III
Job Location: Whitefield, Bengaluru
About The Company:
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.
How to apply for this Job Opening?
For more information upload your resume here with proper job code, subject and details.
Other openings can be checked in Job Vacancies
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will get a call for interview.