Groupon is hiring Software Development Engineer III/IV. Look for below job description for more information:
Mode of Hire: Permanent
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing:
- Work on back end systems focused on merchant data acquisition
- Collaborate with product designers to make sure all user interactions are well-designed and implemented correctly
- Fix bugs as they are found. Deploy new code without waiting
- Test features, Identify and fix performance issues
- Ensure the quality of your code.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Effectively research and benchmark Groupon technology against other competing systems in the industry.
- The candidate will be a technology visionary, builder and operator. You’ll strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related technical field from a reputed institute
- 8+ years or more of experience developing with Java, Python
- Has worked at all levels of the technology stack
- Can structure client-side code in a way that makes sense to people other than themselves
- Obsessive about quality
- Open source experience a plus
- TDD, continuous integration, scrum, pivotal tracker, github pull-requests
Job Code: Software Development Engineer III/IV
Job Location: Whitefield , Bengaluru
About The Company:
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.
We’re looking for great technology developers to work on back end systems focused on supply side of our business. We work in small, independent and agile teams, and collaborate with product designers to implement stuff quickly. We are looking for people that can have an immediate impact, so experienced front-end engineers are preferred, but anybody with experience working on user interfaces and a passion for detail are encouraged to apply.
There are not a lot of boundaries here, so expect to make a big impact. The code we check in today is running in production by tomorrow. So we need people that will take pride in the quality of their code and take it personally when there’s a bug that prevented one of our users from getting their job done.
How to apply for this Job Opening?
For more information upload your resume here with proper job code, subject and details.
Other openings can be checked in Job Vacancies
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will get a call for interview.