Groupon is hiring Software Development Engineer III. Look for below job description for more information:
Experience:7 to 12 years
Mode of Hire: Permanent
Core Responsibilities :
- Take ownership of the technical aspects of our global CS technology
infrastructure, ensuring that the platform is being leveraged to it’s fullest potential through designing and building applications around business needs.
- Conducting audits of current engineering work, as well as previously constructed applications, to ensure the software is running as efficient and clean as possible.
- Design and construct a home grown product / solution to enhance the functionality of our current technology infrastructure, leveraging the open API infrastructure to streamline and enhance our operational efficiency.
- Work closely with operations and the local business to gather requirements, and turn these requirements into deliverable through building, designing and / or enhancing the technology infrastructure.
- Work directly with our internal product teams to ensure that our technology infrastructure is seamlessly and effectively integrated with our third-party software, designing and building the necessary applications to make this happen.
- Manage the data migration and manage the technical consolidation of our global software platforms into one sustainable platform.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science / Information Technology
- 7 to 12 years of experienced engineering professionals.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with SQL.
- Understanding of, and basic experience with CSS.
- Functional understanding of REST based JSON, and the ability to code applications to consume JSON responses.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle Process.
Job Code: Software Development Engineer III
Job Location: Whitefield, Bengaluru
About The Company:
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.
How to apply for this Job Opening?
For more information upload your resume here with proper job code, subject and details.
Other openings can be checked in Job Vacancies
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will get a call for interview.