Opportunities for Senior Engineer / Specialist – Systems Job openings at Sungard Availability Services, Bangalore / Pune. Check below for High-level job description.
Key information for Senior Engineer/Specialist – Systems Job openings at Sungard Availability Services , Bangalore/Pune
- Skills: Hypervisor, VMware, Hyper – V, Citrix XEN server
- Experience: 4 – 11 years
- Mode Of Hire: Permanent
- Location: Bangalore/Pune
- Salary: Not disclosed
- Drive: 22nd December 2018 (Saturday)
- Location: Electronic city Phase 1 (Bangalore)/ Kharadi MIDC Knowledge Park (Pune)
- Job code: Senior Engineer / Specialist – Systems Job openings at Sungard Availability Services , Bangalore / Pune
- Windows – Intel Based Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2003/ 2008/ 2012 /2016 / 2018
- Provide proficient support in at least 2 of the Windows and Vmware platforms from Hypervisor, VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix XEN server.
- Provide proficient support for at least “one” imaging application/utility listed below
- Should have strong knowledge on Microsoft Active directory build, Configure, Manage and Cleanup.
- Should have knowledge on DNS and DHCP.
- Should have understanding of backup tools like Net Backup, AWAMAR, COMMVAULT, Networker Etc.
- Knowledge of Hardware Supported:
- Intel/AMD/Itanium Servers (ISS): HP, Dell, IBM, including blade servers.
- Assist with hardware troubleshooting diagnosis and repairs, swapping memory and/or I/O adapters on selected servers.
- Test Support and Troubleshooting for Managed Recovery Program:
- MRP Test execution / manage DR execution
- Direct customer interaction
- Escalation point for technical issues during our execution of customer’s recovery scripts used to recover their operating system, applications and data.
- Taking escalations from Technical Specialists, Engineers and/or contractors – following basic troubleshooting steps to take issue from problem determination to resolution, including best practices for future testing.
- Engaging customer and/or vendors and/or peers to assist in troubleshooting when needed.
- Perform quality control checks on Technical Specialists, Engineers and/or contractors.
- Validate that documentation/reporting per host, application and script are accurate and reflect the related technical ownership per shift.
- Schedule Flexibility: Flex schedule to provide off-hours test coverage for MRP testing.
- Escalations: Following escalation path to ensure both the Management escalations and customer escalation occur.
- Pre-test Conference Call Participation:
- Attend pre-test briefing presented by the Test Lead.
- Review the procedures to become familiar with the client’s recovery methodology.
- Understand the client’s objectives and definition of success
- Create hardware configuration documents (server prep matrix).
- Obtain desired hardware configurations for each scheduled server.
- Technical Capabilities
- Setup Hardware Configurations for Pending/Scheduled Recoveries.
- Install operating system(s) (sysprep image).
- Connect required disk and tape libraries/drives by patching and/or SAN zone setup.
- Configure Raid protection – internal storage.
- Test/validate hardware and library robotics, drives.
- Assign VLAN(s) and patch network connectivity.
- Standard Recovery Support:
- Direct customer interaction.
- Support recovery to dissimilar hardware.
- Provide first level technical support to subscribers during recovery testing or in a disaster.
- Troubleshoot any problems with infrastructure, systems, servers, peripheral hardware, operating systems and layer 1 network problems as required.
About The Company:
Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) is an industry-recognized leader in delivering resilient and recoverable production environments for global enterprises through managed IT, cloud and recovery services. Our diverse, global team of “Sungardians” are passionate about applying their insight and deep expertise in production and recovery to Lead with Resilience. We work to understand our customers’ business goals, tailor services that align with their desired business outcomes, and deliver the right environments for managing their critical IT systems. Every Sungard AS employee makes a meaningful contribution to delivering on our mission to transform It for resilient business. We want to add outstanding talent to our team. If you want to become an integral part of a collaborative organizational that offers industry-leading benefits and a commitment to employee advancement, we’d be excited to speak with you!
How to apply?
- For more information upload your resume in the below section with proper job code, subject, and details.
- Other openings can be checked in Job Vacancies
- Note: Only shortlisted candidates will get a call for interview.
Show JUMPWHERE some love: