Opportunities for Senior Engineer / Specialist – Networks Job openings at Sungard Availability Services, Bangalore /Pune. Check below for High-level job description.
Key information for Senior Engineer/Specialist – Networks Job openings at Sungard Availability Services, Bangalore/Pune
- Skills: Linux, VMware, Citrix, Windows Office Applications
- Experience: 4 – 11 years
- Mode Of Hire: Permanent
- Location: Bangalore/Pune
- Salary: Not disclosed
- Drive: 22nd December 2018 (Saturday)
- Location: Electronic city Phase 1 (Bangalore)/ Kharadi MIDC Knowledge Park (Pune)
- Job code: Senior Engineer / Specialist – Networks Job openings at Sungard Availability Services, Bangalore / Pune
Primary Technical Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and network technologies.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in a design/engineering role in an enterprise or complex service provider environment in support the installation and support of a large IP network.
- Working knowledge of firewalls / VPNs (Cisco ASA55xx series, SonicWall, Juniper, Checkpoint)
- Working knowledge of Cisco Routes (2900 series, 3900 series….)
- Working knowledge of Load Balancers (Citrix and F5 Big IP…)
- Working knowledge of Cisco switches (CAT and IOS 6500 series and Nexus 7000)
- Working knowledge of spanning tree and layer two switching concepts CCNA certification is preferred.
- Working knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies is required
- Ability to effectively use diagnostic tools is required.
- Provide proficient support with one of the Operating Systems listed in addition to the network discipline: Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and VMware.
- Technical support to customers during testing/recovery.
- Own problems reporting during disaster recovery testing.
- Troubleshoot systems, servers, peripheral hardware, operating systems, network and infrastructure problems as required.
- Document status – interactions, defects, resolution/recommendations.
- Review technical recovery scripts for clarity and accuracy prior to recovery or test event during managed recovery testing.
- Execute customer-specific recovery scripts to restore the operating system, applications and data during managed recovery testing.
- Meet cross-training requirements for other platforms and assist management with future cross training plans.
Preferred Requirements :
- Minimum of 3-5 years technical experience with direct customer contact – internal or external.
- Ability to learn quickly & work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proficiency with Windows Office-based applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Visio).
- College Degree preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of an H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Excellent oral, written, and time management skills.
- Must be self-motivated, team player able to immediately contribute in a fast paced,
deadline intensive environment.
- Previous experience in a disaster recovery /information availability role a plus.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds as needed for test set up.
- Must be able to periodically shift schedule to meet business objectives.
About The Company:
Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) is an industry-recognized leader in delivering resilient and recoverable production environments for global enterprises through managed IT, cloud and recovery services. Our diverse, global team of “Sungardians” are passionate about applying their insight and deep expertise in production and recovery to Lead with Resilience. We work to understand our customers’ business goals, tailor services that align with their desired business outcomes, and deliver the right environments for managing their critical IT systems. Every Sungard AS employee makes a meaningful contribution to delivering on our mission to transform It for resilient business. We want to add outstanding talent to our team. If you want to become an integral part of a collaborative organizational that offers industry-leading benefits and a commitment to employee advancement, we’d be excited to speak with you!
How to apply?
- For more information upload your resume in the below section with proper job code, subject, and details.
- Other openings can be checked in Job Vacancies
- Note: Only shortlisted candidates will get a call for interview.