Production Engineer ‐ Data ‐ (MySQL/NoSQL /BigData /DataPlatform)
About Production Engineering at Ola!
Production Engineering at OLA, is building massive scalable infrastructures and multi‐tenant applications that enrich the user experience. You’re the first line of defense and you make sure Ola continues to function in the face of adversity. We value reliability and automation. We measure and monitor everything, and have a culture of continuous reflection and improvement. We believe in deploying fast and learning from our mistakes. We’re looking for leaders and engineers who share our values, particularly those who have experience in building, maintaining and managing high‐volume, low‐latency and distributed infrastructure for internet and mobile users. We are responsible for managing the highly dynamic OLA production environment running on cutting edge technologies. We are constantly challenged by our ever improving methodologies to ensure top notch App Performance, System Uptime and security and customer delivery. Our team encompasses Production Engineering, Infrastructure orchestration, Release engineering, Data Platforms, Big data operations and managing Bleeding edge Data‐ stores. We enjoy the liberty of working on latest technologies and are in the process of transforming our infrastructure to gen-next. As a part of production engineering (a.k.a. DevOps) team you would architect, design and manage our platforms and solutions to take Ola Infra and dev‐ops paradigm to a new level.
About the Roles:
- We are looking for dev‐ops (eng, Sr. Eng and Leads) who are good in big data technologies.
- NoSQL experts with good script / automation skills will get an added advantage.
- RDBMS preferably MySQL (Innodb/Rocksdb as engine) and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Couchbase, Elastic Search, Cassandra (Riak, RethinkDB, Aerospike, Hazlecast good to have). Automation/Scripting is must.
- Big data technologies like Hadoop,Hbase,Spark,Storm, Droid, phoenix, Oozie, Flink, Redshift/Greenplum etc.
- Basically who can explore new technologies in big data and come up with recommendations for production use.
- Automation/Scripting is must.
Key Deliverables & Skills Required:
Below are more details for role no. 1 (RDBMS/Nosql expert)
- Conversant with concepts related to RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Conversant with Object Relational Mapping technology
- Knowledge of various NoSQL storage technologies (KeyValue, ColumnFamily, Document, Graph)
- Proficient in the use of a NoSQL database, preferably MongoDB, Couchbase, Elastic Search, Cassandra (Riak, RethinkDB, Aerospike, Hazlecast good to have) (handson experience atleast 2 nosql databases required)
- Proficient in the use of a NoSQL database in High Availability (HA) and Fault Tolerant (FT) configuration, preferably with MongoDB, Couchbase, ElasticSearch, Cassandra (Riak, RethinkDB, Aerospike, Hazlecast good to have) (handson experience required)
- Proficient in fine tuning the performance of a NoSQL database, preferably MongoDB, Couchbase, Elastic Search, Cassandra (Riak, RethinkDB, Aerospike, Hazlecast good to have)
- (Hands on experience required) awareness of various performance parameters required
- Ability to appreciate the advantages and disadvantages of NoSQL database technology vis vis RDBMS technology practical application of concepts required
- Proficient in the use of an RDBMS database, preferably MySQL
- Proficient in the use of an RDBMS database in HA and FT configuration, preferably with MySQL
- Awareness of the use of an RDBMS database in a GeoRedundant configuration, preferably with MySQL
- Strong in monitoring/Alerting systems by identified key metrics to monitor.
- Scripting like perl, python or ruby good to have.
Below are more details for role no. 2 ( Big data / Dataplatform expert)
- Should have understanding on big data usage like batch processing/Real-time processing.
- Should have good understanding in handling big data technologies like Hadoop, Mapreduce, pig, Oozie, Spark, Storm, Hbase technologies.
- Good learning skills to adapt new technologies in bigdata and getting it to production when need arises.
- Should have capabilities to recommend technologies based on use cases both in solving use cases and performance point of view.
- Good with automation/scripting.
- Strong in identifying monitoring/alerting metrics for big data technologies.
- Education ‐ Any Graduate/Any PG
- Industry ‐ IT Software / Software Services
- Functional Area: IT Software DBA, Data warehousing
- Role/Category ‐ Programming & Design
Company Name: OLA
Interview date: 21-May-2016
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will get a call for interview.
For more information upload your resume here with proper job code, subject and details.