Recently zoom app was under security breach threat and considering lock down period the demand for the countrys own video conferencing solution is the demand which is even focus of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology. The Minsitry has announced an Innovation Challenge for Development of a Video Conferencing Solution under Digital India Initiative.
Video Conferencing Solution must have Features but not limited to the few indicated below:
- The solution must support all video resolutions and audio quality, should work in low and
high network scenarios and not have any external hardware dependency.
- Users must be able to chat option during conference, even the multi people conference.
- Should have sign-in and non-sign-in options to join a conference
- Can be browser and/or app based interface with screen/file sharing capabilities
- Audio to close captioning during chat (multilingual)
- Should have capabilities to host multiple concurrent conferences having multiple participants in each conference
Various stages for development of Video Conferencing Solution
- Ideation (Stage-1): Teams will have to propose their innovative and cutting edge
ideas of their solution. Top 10 teams would be selected from this stage. Each
team will receive a funding of INR 5 Lakh to build the prototype.
- Prototype (Stage-2): Build the prototype of the solution. These shortlisted
entries from Stage-1 will get a chance to present their prototypes to a
distinguished Jury. Top 3 teams will be shortlisted for the Final Stage. Each team
will receive a funding of INR 20 Lakh to build the solution.
- Solution Building (Final Stage): The winner will get a fixed amount of INR 1
Crore along with certificate from the Hon’ble Minister of Electronics & IT towards
deploying the solution for use by Government of India and State Governments for
a year and further support @ Rs 10 lakhs per year towards Operations &
More information: https://meity.gov.in/writereaddata/files/Innovation_Challenge_VC.pdf
Webinar for clarifying doubts on April 22, 2020 at 3 PM
A webinar is being organised to address queries of applicants with regard to applying for Innovation Challenge for Development of a Video Conferencing Solution under the Digital India Programme.
All participants are requested to send their queries at [email protected] or/and [email protected] with subject “Queries for webinar on Innovation Challenge for Development of a Video Conferencing Solution”. The invitation link for the webinar will be intimated by email.
Looking for Awesome Job openings, visit Job Vacancy section of our website.