Olacabs is an online car aggregator and the first of its kind to be launched in India. We are a
company committed to using technology to bring efficiency and unparalleled customer experience to the car rental industry! We’re looking for extremely talented people to help us bring the transportation industry into the 21st century. Ideal candidates will be willing to work in a fast paced team environment with aggressive schedules.
Experience Required: 10 Years +
Job Location: Bangalore
Interview Date: 3rd December 2016
Job code: Architect / Principal Engineer @ OLACABS
• Independently own, drive and evolve product systems/sub-systems.
• Architect highly scalable, highly available, reliable, secure and fault tolerant systems with
• Suggest new architectural elements to improve the existing architecture.
• Design and implement low latency RESTful services; Define API contracts between services; Version APIs and make them backward compatible.
• Translate business requirements into scalable and extensible design.
• Create platforms, reusable libraries and utilities wherever applicable.
• Continuously refactor applications to ensure high quality design.
• Choose the right technology stack for the product systems/sub-systems.
• Write high quality code that are modular, functional and testable; Establish the best coding practices.
• Formally mentor junior engineers on design, coding and troubleshooting.
• Plan projects using agile methodologies and ensure timely delivery.
• Work with automation engineers to automate end-end flows and non-functional requirements.
• Troubleshoot issues effectively in a distributed architecture.
• Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environent.
• Operationalize releases by partnering with Tech operations on capacity planning and operability of the product.
• Proficient in Java, J2EE technology stack.
• Experience in building scalable, low latency applications.
• Expertise in API design and development.
• Very strong object oriented design skills, awareness of design patterns and architectural patterns.
• Troubleshooting memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks etc.
• Strong problem solving skills, algorithmic skills and data structures.
• Experience in agile methodologies like Scrum.
• Good understanding of branching, build, deployment, continuous integration methodologies.
• Experience in leading a team and mentoring engineers.
• Attitude to Get Stuff Done!
• Ability to make decisions independently.
Desired experience / background:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering from premier institutes preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in software design, development & architecture.
- Data modeling experience in any of the NoSQL databases.
- Experience in Product companies working on Internet scale applications is preferred.
- Contribution to open source software’s, tech blogs etc.
For more information upload your resume here with proper job code, subject and details.
Other openings can be checked in Job Vacancies
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will get a call for interview.